Hello From The San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles)

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
Just got my WSM 22 but haven't had time to try it. I have had a Performer (Lime Green) for a few years and love it. It made one of the best brined turkey last Thanksgiving. Looking forward to this new challenge. Have used different Weber kettles over the years and they always beat the gas grills out there. Finally settled a lawsuit on an auto accident from two years ago and decided that I wanted something for myself since it seemed as though the lawyers and doctors were the only ones benefiting from my pain, so I decided that the WSM will give me both pleasure and good eats.
Bob Ivey

Just a few miles Matt. Any suggestions on where to get good meat for the WSM? Costco only has brisket flats. Haven't tried to find much else yet.

I must admit i buy all my meat at costco. I haven't found a better value/quality/quantity proposition. if you find a good butcher let me know. I do occasionally order online from open space meats, but their briskets are pretty small and I find i'm cooking for a lot of people when i bbq. i'm been thinking of trying restuarant depot with the kc bbq trick as suggested by some here, but currently have twin baby boys and not a lot of time!

I must admit i buy all my meat at costco. I haven't found a better value/quality/quantity proposition. if you find a good butcher let me know. I do occasionally order online from open space meats, but their briskets are pretty small and I find i'm cooking for a lot of people when i bbq. i'm been thinking of trying restaurant depot with the kc bbq trick as suggested by some here, but currently have twin baby boys and not a lot of time!

I looked at restaurant depot web site but it looks like you need a resale license or are a tax exempt charity or a city business license. I guess I will need to renew my business license. In this economy, some things have had to be ignored. I have gotten really good meat from Jim's Fallbrook Market in Woodland Hills. The ham I got for Easter was fabulous but pricey. In a large city like Los Angeles, why is this so hard?

I looked at restaurant depot web site but it looks like you need a resale license or are a tax exempt charity or a city business license. I guess I will need to renew my business license. In this economy, some things have had to be ignored. I have gotten really good meat from Jim's Fallbrook Market in Woodland Hills. The ham I got for Easter was fabulous but pricey. In a large city like Los Angeles, why is this so hard?

apparently you can get a day pass if you have a KC bbq society card which i don't currently have. Never been to Jim's thanks for the tip. I think the problem is that LA hasn't become a foodie town since recently and basically drove away all the local butchers. I have found good stuff at some farmers markets, but it's not cheap.

Back