Hello from SLC

Jeremy-SLC

Greetings everyone.
New member here, but I have been dinking around with these older Webers here and there. I‘m just finishing up a light resto on a 2005 Genesis Silver C / Part#6731411. A nice $40 find that cleaned up pretty well that is slated to be a nice home-warming gift to a buddy as he just moved here from another country. I’m actually in need of some side burner parts as there are a couple pieces that are missing, so I will probably open a parts wanted thread. I’m not too familiar with the side burners as my red-head daily bbq’er does not have the burner.

The red-head was a great find as it was a factory NG unit that replaced a stainless Brinkmann that I had converted to NG by drilling out the orifices. She’s seen better days and looked better but it stays outside all year and gets used weekly. I’d like to replace the wood slats with something fancy and upgrade the folding table support rod system for something a bit more stable. The rotisserie gets used frequently as I cook a lot of Brazilian Picahna and pineapple.

0692EABE-E163-46F6-847D-DB185744DDE6.jpeg
E99AEF02-89A5-4DF0-997F-9D85D72B166F.jpeg
011A6472-7A70-4C48-A0F2-CDF81CD2BA24.jpeg

Glad your here! I have a lot of family in Salt Lake City. Your redhead can easily be upgraded with the slide bar lock for the flip down table that came on the better models of that grill.

You can even replace your bottom wire rack with matching wood if you want to. A lot of those grills came that way also. The only limit is your imagination really. You will find any help and encouragement you need here. You did a great job on that newer genesis so I'm sure you will be fine.

Thanks for the compliments Steve. Turns out I have another Genesis that was in very poor condition and would have been more work to recondition that the Genesis C. Think I’m gonna caniballize that one for the shelves.

Well it sounds like you already have a plan. We all like to see pictures of what your doing so keep posting!

Back