Hello from McKinney, TX

KRHaagen

Hey. My name is Kevin. Originally from Seattle but have settled in McKinney. I have owned my Genesis 1000 since March of 1997. Spent $479+tax on it. It’s pretty much stock except for flavorizer bars, grill plates and the burners. I have the manual and the 3 ring binder and receipt still. I did sell it to a friend back in 1999 but bought it back. He lost the side tray table which I never used. I did a light refurb on, but nothing like tearing it down to the studs. Just some old paint removal and some high temp paint touch up

But now the wood needs to be redone so this is why I am here to get some ideas on that and to keep this thing as long as I can. I will probably donate the wood to someone who can use it?

Attachments

• IMG_6520.jpeg
    IMG_6520.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6521.jpeg
    IMG_6521.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 8
Kevin, welcome from Iowa. Looks like a well loved grill. Maybe you could just sand down the wood slats and reseal. You'll get plenty of good ideas here. Enjoy.

Thank you. This grill is well loved and o plan on keeping it a long time. The handle is still in decent shape. The table wood is like night and day. I will get some photos of the top and bottom.

Thank you everyone. I touched up the paint on my redhead last week.
I am currently working on my first rehab/refurb of a Genesis Silver C I grabbed for $29. I have learned quite a lot here. One thing I would suggest for a first rehab is to skip a project with a burner. Keep it simple for the first one.
Before photos. After photos coming in the next few weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 3

Back