Hello from Lockport, NY

JSzucs

Hi Everyone,
Just purchased an 18in WSM after smoking on a modified ECB for 2 years. Cant wait to try all the great tips and tricks listed on this site. For my first smoke i am going to try make Pulled chicken since that was on sale this week and need to impress my wife so she thinks this was a good investment.. :)

Looking forward to hearing from everyone

Ok I'm in Buffalo I joined not to long ago myself it's a cool site everybody seem to be pretty cool on here and very informative

Thanks Everyone

I fired up the WSM on Sunday and threw on about twelve Chicken thighs with the skin on them. ( I put them in a brine for about 3 hours prior). I also Grabbed some Bush Baked beans, threw in some extra ingredients and put them in the WSM as well.

Smoked for a little over 2 hours at 240 degrees. (About a half hour before i took off the chicken i brushed them with some Bar B Q sauce) When they were at 170 I took them off and let them cool down. Then pulled the chicken off and made sandwiches. Both my wife and 3 year old loved it!

We had a decent amount of leftovers and my wife made a delicious Casserole for dinner on Monday night.

Hope everyone has a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Back