hello from kansas

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
After laboring away for on a OTS for at least 2 summers and coveting my brother's WSM, I finally found a good deal on a 18.5 WSM on craigslist and have done a picnic shoulder and two racks of ribs so far. Still seasoning the WSM and getting used to it but hope to try another shoulder this weekend.

Geez you labour with your kettle? I just did 2 racks of baby backs and lit it and set my vents and didn't look again for 4 hours, they turned out great. Welcome to the forum

Geez you labour with your kettle? I just did 2 racks of baby backs and lit it and set my vents and didn't look again for 4 hours, they turned out great. Welcome to the forum

Laboring more with shoulders, its not that they did not turn out well on the OTS but they took a whole lot more supervision. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who are better kettle cooks than I am on the WSM. It is my intention that it will not be like this for long.

Welcome Sandy, what's your impression from your first few cooks?

Good with room for improvement. For reasons I don't fully understand the on the fly cooks seem to be better than the planned ones, likely due to lower expectations.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Back