Hello, from Georgia(Vermont that is)

CGeide

Been a lurker for a while now - finally decided to take the plunge. Anyway as the subject line says I'm from Vermont the BBQ capital of nowhere. I had a basic kettle in the mid-eighties and ditched it for gas. What a mistake. Then a couple of years ago I saw someone selling an original 22 kettle on the side of the road. Twenty dollars later it was my go-to que; still is. I had been smoking on a Char-Griller dual w/side fire box(actually smoked the food for my daughters wedding) which required constant babysitting. Sooo I bought a WSM 22.5. I have never been happier. Plenty of room and almost foolproof. Enough rambling just wanted to say hello, and am looking forward to finding out how I can maximize my cooks as well as the functionality of my cookers.

-chris

Welcome to the forum Chris. Everyone here is very friendly and we love to help others. You have a great smoker with the WSM22 and the kettle is the best for grilling. My WSM and the Performer (just a fancy table with a kettle attached) are my go to for most cooks. The gasser is for the real quick things and is the only one my wife will use.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. That is how we all learn and if you don't have the answer to something, I would bet that there are others here who have the same question so you asking is not only helping you but others on the forum as well. Sounds like you are a great dad also to go through all that for her wedding. Congrats. Hope to see more posts from you soon and remember, we love pics here. To learn about posting pics, check out the link that says "FAQ" at the top of this page and you will see how to's for a bunch of things including posting pics.

Back