Hello from Detroit Michigan

Bob.Vo

I've learned a lot from lurking the forum and decided to join so i can zoom in on some pictures. Started my smoking journey last summer where I trialed and errored with my jumbo joe and a sns slow and sear. My first 2 cooks were pork butt and then after ribs; my wife had the runs both times and became reluctant to eat what i cooked :LOL:. After some googling I wasn't using the wood properly i think so i'm restricted to smoke with charcoal only until i get some skills and her trust back.

I was going to wait till next spring to start again but a video from T-ROY COOKS and Ant's BBQ Cookout hit my feed and now i'm a proud owner of the wsm 14 😬

I already wrote a check i may not be able to cash and told my friend i'm smoking beef ribs this friday where it'll be 13°F but i'm having fun and it's trial by fire.

my plan is to smoke plate ribs on the top and bottom racks is that possible? glad to learn from the community

i added a picture of a leg of lamb i smoked with my jumbo joe (overzealous but it was free from my dad) . the leg was dry and tough but i look forward to tackling it again soon!

🍻

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 10
You’ll get there. Patience and reading. Your lamb leg looks overcooked. What was your meat done temp? I’ll recommend an instant read thermometer. And maybe a remote temp monitoring device so you can “see” your grate and meat temps.

Less is more when smoking and grilling. Enjoy the process and personal time. A few beers or cocktails always taste great when cooking.

And don’t get your wife sick. You’re going to need her as you get older and decrepit 😆

Welcome and ask away. There’s a few people here that know how to cook. Just a few.

You’ll get there. Patience and reading. Your lamb leg looks overcooked. What was your meat done temp? I’ll recommend an instant read thermometer. And maybe a remote temp monitoring device so you can “see” your grate and meat temps.

Less is more when smoking and grilling. Enjoy the process and personal time. A few beers or cocktails always taste great when cooking.

And don’t get your wife sick. You’re going to need her as you get older and decrepit 😆

Welcome and ask away. There’s a few people here that know how to cook. Just a few.
thanks ! i don’t remember the internal temp but yes it was definitively overcooked😬. i invested in a thermapen and looking at the thermoworks smoke since it’s on sale now

Back