Hello from a first timer!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hi All,

I’m very new to the whole smoking thing, having only received my WSM on Father’s Day, but I wanted to post a hello and thank you for all of the information I’ve picked up on the forum.
The idea of having a smoker cooking away as I enjoyed a cool drink by the pool listening to some good music had been in the back of my head for about a year, and with the generous information I’ve received from this site, I settled on the WSM.
This past Saturday I filled that puppy up with a baby back ribs (as well as some chicken, brats and dogs on the kettle,) because we had some guests stopping by for a little socializing by the pool. The ribs turned out just great, and everybody there said they enjoyed them very much.
All-in-all I think my first smoke for anyone outside of my immediate family was a great success. Everyone ate well and had a good time, with the exception of my friend Tim, who had the misfortune of an unexpected trip to the emergency room after a Japanese beetle mistook his ear canal as a one room efficiency apartment.

Many thanks.

Best

Kap

Welcome to the forum! I hope
that you get many years of enjoyment
from your new WSM.

Back