Heatermeter Repair Services

Phillip P

TVWBB Fan
Hi All,

Is anyone out there doing regular repair work on HMs?

Having given away the previous ones that I assembled, I bought some pre-assembled units that have given me various problems since day 1. I gave up on them early last year and settled for using my PartyQ until I had time to work on them.

When COVID hit in February, the site where all of my tools were located was locked up and has not been accessible since. (we were told it would only be 2 weeks... hah!)

Now the PartyQ has died, but my family's desire for meat has not.

So, if anyone has the time and spare parts laying around, I'd appreciate it and would pay the bench fee.

Thank you.

haha "two weeks" yeah. I had a trip to Canada planned end of May and thought hey that's like two months from now, I'm sure this will all be wrapping up by then.

If there's a problem with a pre-soldered unit from the store, I'll definitely repair them. They're all tested before they go out the door though so I'm not sure what could be wrong with them. Email me at heatermeter@capnbry.net and you can tell me what's wrong.

haha "two weeks" yeah. I had a trip to Canada planned end of May and thought hey that's like two months from now, I'm sure this will all be wrapping up by then.

If there's a problem with a pre-soldered unit from the store, I'll definitely repair them. They're all tested before they go out the door though so I'm not sure what could be wrong with them. Email me at heatermeter@capnbry.net and you can tell me what's wrong.
Thanks Bryan.

We had a brief email back-n-forth when the first one I used went haywire and I didn't have the time to fully troubleshoot... I subsequently moved through the other 2 with increasing frustration. But, it was high-stress time at work and wasn't doing a lot of cooking until we got shut down. The PartyQ was *okay*, but just barely. I miss my HeaterMeters. I will fire them up again and try and figure out the particulars and drop you a line.

Back