Heads up on Cajun Bandit Cylinder Lock Kit...

Rob Olive

So, I ordered a CB hinge for my WSM 22 and wanted their cylinder lock kit to avoid the middle section tipping when lid is up. I've installed an aluminum disc base and 4 casters for my wheels, so I didn't need their wheel system.

Their website shows "out of stock" for the lock kit, so I emailed to get a sense of when they thought they might have them back in stock. Was told they're being discontinued, unless you buy them as a kit with their wheels.

This surprises me, because of the potential for top heaviness when the lid is up, but that's their decision. Anyway, just FYI...

Well... I bought the kit that included the wheels. Not a fan of the cylinder locks, so I took them off. Just not a great design. Loosening the locks would sometimes loosen the bolt. Sometimes the locks also get in the way when putting the cylinder in place. I can see why they may want to discontinue them as a stand alone product.

I do like that set up that Jake has because I didn’t care for that kid either so I wanna head and I have some extra material laying around I made my own and I bought my own wheels I believe the call center lines the wheel locks and swivel locks and it was less costly Plus I didn’t wanna drill any more holes in my Cylinder than what I had to

Attachments

• 1478471C-3A47-4709-AD98-E2A59ADE3AFF.png
    1478471C-3A47-4709-AD98-E2A59ADE3AFF.png
    670.1 KB · Views: 48
I would think the bare metal hook would begin scratching into the porcelain coating on the barrel with these. ???
Possible. Maybe able to file the end smoother or rounder? I have not tried it yet so don't know for sure. I just hate drilling holes in the grills if I can avoid it.

I do like that set up that Jake has because I didn’t care for that kid either so I wanna head and I have some extra material laying around I made my own and I bought my own wheels I believe the call center lines the wheel locks and swivel locks and it was less costly Plus I didn’t wanna drill any more holes in my Cylinder than what I had to
Hi. I realize this is an old thread, but was wondering if you had any details on the parts you used to put these together. Thanks!

Hey Sparky the bracket I made it some more parts for mono washing machine it’s about 4 1/2 inches long about 2 inches across the bolt is a quarter bolt stainless steel one and a half inches long when you have a washer in the knob I bought at the warehouse also the size of the bolt comes in through the inside out the size of the boat depends on how much of a band you have on your piece of metal and I also put a gasket on

On the edge of the bracket that fits up against the cylinder so it doesn’t scratch it easy to make if you have a piece of metal that you can make it fit 😎

Back