Have u guys ever seen these burner valve body covers?????

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
I purchased this grill to flip...I paid $55 for it because it was in nice shape and had very nice ceramic covered cast iron grates. The guy replaced the knob panel and the knobs with aftermarket which made it kind of unique and in the end I wish I had 100 of those black knobs. But my question is have u guys ever seen these monster gas valve rubber covers or did he after market those too? I was wondering if they would starve the tubes for air????? See pic.....Its an old school...Silver B.......another odd thing is that this grill has the odd looking skinny valves as well.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200824_202132.jpg
    20200824_202132.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200824_193648.jpg
    20200824_193648.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 48
I haven't seen huge grease guards like those, but they wouldn't have any affect on air or gas flow at all.

Ok then I will just leave them in with this funky grill then. I figured they had to be aftermarket because I have now seen approx 25 grills of various vintages and I have never seen those dog dishes before. I told the guy I will clean it up and make it nice but I will only sell it to him for $225 if I dont have to grind out the dang cook box! He was cool with it....so nice to not have to suit up!

Jim, I am totally with your on the cook box grinding. It really isn't worth the effort, but buyers do love to see that bare aluminum inside and wind up paying for it on rehabs.

Oh ya....I am a believer of clean......clean clean clean....they love it!!! And the grills look so much better in the pics! I just had to take a box or two off.....then I will jump back in..... :) Some clean up easier then others.....My last two were animals....wild nasty animals......but I won in the end. I learned there is a big difference between a 3" and 4" brush cup.......Use the 3" cup if the grill is fighting back!

This is the one I just finished......I took a grill off from trying to make em perfect....and this one was pre sold at $225.......so u get what u pay for. See how my Mr Clean...Clean Freak makes those inner hoods shine.....???

Attachments

• 20200824_194602.jpg
    20200824_194602.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 27
I purchased this grill to flip...I paid $55 for it because it was in nice shape and had very nice ceramic covered cast iron grates. The guy replaced the knob panel and the knobs with aftermarket which made it kind of unique and in the end I wish I had 100 of those black knobs. But my question is have u guys ever seen these monster gas valve rubber covers or did he after market those too? I was wondering if they would starve the tubes for air????? See pic.....Its an old school...Silver B.......another odd thing is that this grill has the odd looking skinny valves as well.
Thanks
Hi Jim, The black knobs and big valve protectors are off a 2011ish Weber Spirit. They use the same internals as the Genesis/Spirit grills from the 2000's

IMG_2731.JPG

No kidding......I thought they were aftermarket....or things the guy found laying around his garage...Thanks for the info

I agree with BPratt, the knobs look like the knobs off of a Spirit 310, the rubber flaps are also used on the Spirit. Both match the Spirit E-310 that I currently have in restoration.
bummer for me is, someone spray painted the knobs gold and its pealing.

Back