Hardwood Homedepot Rancher for Grill?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I picked up a few bags of the rancher charcoal lump you all have been talking about. Is home depot getting rid of this stuff? the guy said it was clearance. Anyway, how well suited it this stuff for cooking on my performer weber grill? how will i need to adjust my grilling for steak or chicken vs. kingsford?

What we have been talking about is the Rancher Hardwood Briqs. I believe there is a lump variety, but I've not seen it. The EVENT is a promo sale between the Company and HD and there doesn't appear to be a committment from HD to make this a regularly stocked item. When the promo amount, whatever it was, is sold , there won't be a restocking without a further agreement.

It will work fine to grill direct over but probably will start up a little slower than K.

Paul

We grilled 60 NY Strips on this stuff Saturday night and it was great. Steaks were all choice cut and 1 & 1/4" thick. Paul is correct, it does start up a little slower, but heat and burn time were excellent.

mine might not be lump. i haven't even seen it, i had my wife pick it up and i haven't looked at the bag. prob bris like you said.

does it burn hotter and longer?

Back