Hard day on the Kubota (Big Orange)

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Was installing a tach on the Kubota. So I could set ground speed repetitively. For when I am using my pull behind sprayer to apply fertilizer and such. I did much the same with the little Honda machine I had. I'd set it at 2200 RPM, then set the hydro at full and know I'd get the proper yield. I've been really struggling to do this again with the Kubota. But, diesels are not as easy to put a tach on (no ignition system to trigger it). But, I took the alternator apart a while ago, found the proper field coil to hook up to to use as a trigger, bought a little laser tach and was able to get everything calibrated.
Well doing the install today, in a 90deg garage sweating bullets running wiring harness I made and so on. Got it all buttoned up fired it up and tach is working like a champ. Then drops to 0 then back then 0 and I am pulling out what's left of my hair. Then find out the electric lift pump not working, indicator lamps and hour meter not working. Get the shop manual out, track fuses. My only REAL clue is fuel lift pump not working. So, I find the 10 amp fuse for it, but the manual says it's only for the lift station. Anyway pull it and find the little "blades" broken away from the plastic. Got continuity through it ONLY if I wiggled the 2 blades just perfect. Only thing I can figger is when I was putting the battery in it was awkward and I dropped it into the "bay". Got another 10amp fuse installed lights light up and pump runs now. Who'd a thunk. Well tomorrow I'll stick the battery back in (carefully) and hopefully all will be good again

That’s a pretty impressive little project to take on.
Thanks! Today, it gets an Autometer mechanical oil pressure gauge. I just got the mounting cup for it late yesterday, the battery is still out, I can get to everything so, it's as good a day as any to run the oil tubing and mount the gauge. Still thinking about doing a water temp gauge as well, but IDK there is not a lot of space for gauges and I bought the wrong size tach. Got mixed up and bought an 85mm tach, thinking it was the smaller 2.5" so, since it was from FleaBay it wasn't like I could simply "exchange" it. So I worked with that. It's seriously too large for my needs (but looks cool)

I’m such a lazy lawn maintainer, I felt like I was being extravagant getting a new string trimmer and blower! I’m glad you guys with bigger lawns take care of them, I have no interest in having a perfect lawn. I just want it to be close enough to keep the insect population at a reasonable level.
New trimmer and blower deal from Amazon arrived yesterday, used the blower but, the trimmer will wait until next time I get ready to mow and do the whole magilla.

Before I retired things were not like this. I did the bare minimum. Occasional weed and feed, blast through with cutting when I had time. I'm not obsessive about it I just try to keep it healthy and basically chemical (well pesticide/herbicide) free as I don't want my grandson and the babies to be harmed by anything. So all it gets is good basic liquid fertilizer applications. No poisons. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GRJ4T4B?tag=tvwb-20
The stuff with the tractors and doing gauges and what not is simply a pastime hobby kind of thing. But, it's fun. Kinda like some of you guys with modding your old grills and what not

Back