Happen to Anyone Else with Amazon?

Asus routers with Merlin firmware.

Asuswrt-Merlin is a third party alternative firmware for Asus routers, with a special emphasis on tweaks and fixes rather than radical changes or collecting as many features as possible.

Well, if you're gonna to go that length..... still requires more than a bit of nerdism. Add OpenWRT and DD-WRT to that list of firmware.

And you just lost me. That sounds more complicated than the Ubiquiti stuff.
It both is, and is not. The open sourced firmware packages do generally be fairly easy to navigate, what can be a bit complicated is exactly what you need to download for your particular device as well as how to install it.

So far so good with the EERO 6+ devices. Wirelessly to my laptop staying pretty much between 350-500 down and 25 to 30 up. Wired 870 down and 28 up. The wired speed is not connected directly at modem but through a couple of switches and cabling. Overall so far so good. The test will be is if it can stay stable

So, I am shopping for a new whole home mesh wifi system. I like the Google Nest WIFI as I actually had one but according to Google the one I bought had a defect and they wanted to replace it for me. Unfortunately I had already done the Amazon return and dropped it off at Kohl's. So yesterday I am looking and I see the same system priced at $134 plus an available 5% off coupon. Did not have time to go through with a purchase as I still wanted to explore one other thing and, my pressure cooker was working with my ossobuco in it. So I filed the two things away in my "wish list", finished cooking, ate and came back to the list. Well waddaya know? Price was not UP $12 and no coupon!
Kinda "miffed"
I don't trust Amazon enough to shop with them......

Back