Gyro Burgers

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Followed Alton Brown's recipe for Gyros and tzatziki sauce. I did 50/50 ground beef and lamb and instead of mixing everything in a food processor I made burgers.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec...ce-recipe/index.html

Burgers on the grill
P1010523.jpg

Made Spanish fries again. These things are addicting.
P1010525.jpg

Plated. Burger served with onion,tomato, lettuce, tzatziki sauce inside of a pita. Spanish fries and a grilled zucchini. This meal will probably become a family favorite, everyone enjoyed it.
P1010528.jpg

Jeepers John! Make me a plate!!
What in the World are Spanish Fries?? They Look GGGRREAT!
EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT!

John.... YEAH!!!

This really speaks to me. I'm glad other guys weren't familiar with spanish fries. They look great.

The flavor of Gyro meat is one of my absolute favorites. I literally daydream about it. How was this recipe? Were the flavors pretty right on? Did it taste the way you expected/wanted?

This is a must cook for me.

Totally Awesome.

Spanish fries are simple and oohh so good. Just make fries as usual and then deep fry some sliced onion for about a min and then add some well drained pickled sliced jalapenos for about another minute. When done add them to the fries. The onion and japs should have been cooked a little more in my pic but I ran out of propane right at the end of the cook.

The taste of the tzatziki sauce was dead on and the meat was really really close.

Wow...Everyone is on a roll lately.

This looks out-of-this-world good. I can't wait to try it!!

Thanks, John!

Back