Guess who got a new bike yesterday........

Congrats, Clint. I'm going the opposite direction. My son's car died last week and I have to get him a new one (he has no money or credit and a job and apartment in another city). Mine's going on craigslist as soon as I change the oil. I'll probably take it to the Dragon one last time to show them an old man (65) can still scrape his pegs, then I'll be bikeless. Enjoy your new ride!

Nice Job Lew - sorry to see yours go but it's for the best (for now :) )

I've been enjoying the H*** out of this. I got pulled over once (3 days after getting it) & lit up by 2 cars (didn't stop to see if it was me they were after last night). I'm hoping this isn't a cop magnet....I don't want any extra attention.

I've put on 1000 miles already. I have a feeling I'll be running this into the ground mileage-wise.

I got a new bike too.
DK7JdHYVoAAXCKG.jpg

My Kestrel is obnoxiously fast.

I also logged my 1,000th cycling mile of the year last week. I've been riding with a club and went from struggling to stay with the slow group at the start of summer, to staying with the fast guys for the first five miles last week.

I feel like such an a$$ when I see a bike ahead of me and have to pedal by them. OK, not really. But they think I am.

Nice Job Lew - sorry to see yours go but it's for the best (for now :) )

I've been enjoying the H*** out of this. I got pulled over once (3 days after getting it) & lit up by 2 cars (didn't stop to see if it was me they were after last night). I'm hoping this isn't a cop magnet....I don't want any extra attention.

I've put on 1000 miles already. I have a feeling I'll be running this into the ground mileage-wise.

That reminds me of the time I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC (second of 3 times) after leaving Germany (first of 2 times). The MPs pulled me over on my 10 speed...for doing 30 in a 25. I argued (debated) a little over the fact that yes bicycles are required to follow the same laws as cars (understood on my part) BUT they are NOT required to have speedometers. Therefore, I did not know how fast I was going...and when the law is passed that I am required to have a speedometer...they can't issue me a ticket. They let me go with a verbal warning.

Back