Guava BoB

Josh Z.

TVWBB Pro
Hola,

I'm on backorder (wood chunks) from cabelas and in a pinch for a sunday bbq in a week. I was looking at grabbing some guava for the occasion. I was looking at doing a Butts over Brisket. Will guava get the job done? Or would a mix of guava and hickory work? A little advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh,

I smoked a small brisket yesterday using Guava and Hickory and I couldn't be happier. The smoke flavor was excellent, not too overpowering had a great smoke ring and nice bark on the brisket.

After following these boards my ratio was 1 hickroy for every 2 peices of Guava. I have no doubt that just using Guava would have been good also.

Hope this helps.

Vic

Victor,

It helps greatly. Thank you. My guava should be here in a few days and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for easing my mind just a bit.

Josh

Hi Vic,

Glad you like the guava! Hey thie hickory mix sounds good and that's not the first time someone has reported that. I usually use only guava but saw hickory chunks at the "Home Cheepo" and am going to try mixing.

Josh, keep us posted when you get your order and how you like the wood! Thank you for your order!

Aloha!

Greg Kemp

I'll be watching the post office.... do you know if it was sent out on tuesday?

I will be sure to keep you posted on the results
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Greg,

I really couldn't be happier with the Guava or your service. I ordered on a Tuesday and had my order on Friday of that same week. From Hawaii to New Jersey in just a few days, who could ask for anything more.

That same day I ordered from you I also ordered apple wood from New England and recieved that order 4 days after I got yours.

Thanks
Vic

Back