Grilled Squash?

Ron G.

TVWBB Wizard
Anybody try this with respectable results?

If "yes", what did you do?

I'm usually not a big squash fan (folks liked to cook Acorn Squash - I think they're too "stringy"). However, had some baked Butternut Squash this weekend - served with just a little butter & a light sprinkle of brown sugar, and really liked it. Thought the texture was really nice, and got to thinking that it might be really good if "kissed" with just a touch of smoke....

I love smoked squash!

I usually use butternut squash. Split in half and remove seeds/pulp. I will then score the flesh with knife, sprinkle with salt, pepper, brown sugar and drizzle with olive oil, then put a couple pats of butter in the seed cavity.

Though on the grill/smoker flesh side up till the flesh is soft. Depending on the temp of your grill/smoker it take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours.

Just had acorn squash last night on the grill. As Eric said split and remove seeds. I fill the cavity with butter and maple syrup. Usually takes a little over an hour.

Ron, do it! I do all the time... sometimes foilin' to trap the heat after slicing in half...
i use turbinado sugar in place of brown sugar.. i also add nuts like walnuts pecans sorta like-a...
icon_biggrin.gif
just change things up a little.
Acorn is my favourite butt butternut is very VERYGood too. did BN last night.
Ron, i believe ANYTHING you make in the oven, can be grilled.
Go for it.

just had a guy at work grill some spaghetti squash. after grilling he shredded it up to the size of spaghetti noodles. threw some sauce together and if you weren't careful you could barely tell the difference between the squash noodles and normal spaghetti noodles.

Back