Grilled spicy Pecans

Brian Trommater

TVWBB Super Fan
I got this from Clark Deutscher post that I modified a little for pecans:
Roast Nuts

I cant begin to say how good this are. Not nearly as hot as you would think. I wanted to take some pictures but could not find my recharger.

Garlicky Habanero Pecan Nuts

1 Whole Head Garlic
3 Habaneros
2 Heaping Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Heaping Tablespoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Cups Pecan Nuts

Roast the garlic and the habaneros, to do this cut the top off a head of garlic sprinkle with olive oil and toss on the kettle with the habs until the garlic is soft and peppers are charred.

When the peppers and garlic are done peel skin off peppers and squeeze garlic from head than puree them with the oil, honey and salt. Mix with the pecans nuts and toss back on the grill at around 300 degrees for about 20 minutes until they darken up. Stir half way. They will burn so keep eye on towards the end. Sprikle favorite season spice on pecans and let cool.

They sound great. There are also some recipes in the cooking topics section worth trying, if you like cooking nuts.

I'm really glad you like them!

Bob the heat of the habs is there but there are a lot of other flavors that come through including the nuts....having said that I do eat a lot of hot food, if you don't I would probably tone down the peppas!

Clark

Back