Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Gingered Jezebel Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
WEBER
Have not tried this yet, but in the make soon folder and posting it here, it get's made sooner. lol

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Gingered Jezebel Sauce

1/2 cup soy sauce
2 TB. dark brown sugar
2 green onions, chopped
2 TB. sherry (optional)
2 lbs. pork tenderloins, trimmed
Gingered Jezebel Sauce (recipe follows)

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large, resealable plastic bag; add pork. Press the air out of the bag, and seal tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
2. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. With the lid closed, grill pork over Direct Medium heat (400 to 450F) until barely pink in center, 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste during the last 5 minutes with 1/2 cup of the sauce. Let the pork rest 3 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.

Gingered Jezebel Sauce

2/3 cup pineapple preserves
1/3 cup apple jelly
2 TB. prepared horseradish
1 TB grated fresh ginger

In a glass bowl microwave pineapple preserves and apple jelly at HIGH 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 1 1/4 cups.

Source: "Weber's Simple Summer Grilling" 2006

Last edited:
That gingered jezebel sauce sounds interesting.
I think so also. I really like anything with fresh ginger. If you like fresh ginger also, check out the Chicken Naranja recipe I just posted on the Poultry thread.

Well, looks like posting it here did not do the trick. Here it is, over 10 months later and we just had this last night. It might have cooked just a little bit longer than it should have, so I can only give it a "GOOD" rating.

Has anyone else tried it?

No, but it's definitely on my list......like most of your recipes.
;)Thank you, that is nice to know. But will they ever get off your list and onto your grill?:LOL: As you can see, it took us a long while to get this one off of OUR list.😌😂

Back