Grilled Pork Chops with Lawrys havana garlic and lime marinade

Janet Lovett

Just did this last night. I'm not a pork chop lover, but I think I've been converted. I used two extra thick cut pork chops, about 2", bone in. Put the pork chops in the marinade for about 2 hours. Got my charcoal grill going at 450. Put them direct heat each side about 8-10 minutes total. They got nice and charred black on them. Then put them on indirect heat until the internal temperature got to 160. Nice and juicy, great grill taste, marinade didn't overwhelm them. And the best thing is it was simple!

I like Lawrys rubs. Haven't seen the Havana Garlic out here yet but will look for it. Sounds good. Love pork chops and a good rub can make them juicy.

Welcome to the board Janet.
icon_smile.gif

Glad your pork chops worked out. I love a good 2" ham wallet. That's perfect stuffin' size.

Awesome to see so many ladies joining the board. Women that grill, rule.

Sounds like you cooked em just a little long.(for my taste)

I normally do a 3-4min/side then indirect to 145.

But aslong as you liked them it was a sucsess!
icon_smile.gif

I'm like Daniel. I prefer to take chops or loins off at 145*. But the missus is still funny about pork not being "done". So I'll take it to 150-155* for her. Still juicy,but not pink.

I take pork chops off at 140º to 145ºF also...foil tent them for ten minutes and they're perfect everytime!

Thanks everyone for your techniques, and inner temperature times. I pulled off these thick 2 inch pork chops at 145, and let them sit for 10 minutes and they were just delish!!!

Back