Grilla Gloves? Where!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman Byas

TVWBB Member
Ok everyone, I need some help. I have seen on many occasions people mention Grilla Gloves. Where in the $%^& can I find some? I keep searching the net and can't seem to locate.

They used to be available from Amazon, but that appears to no longer be the case. There is a BBQ tool set from Grilla Gear there that contains only one. The Grilla Gear website is not of much help-- the link appears to be broken. www.grillagear.com

Sherman

I spent a lot of time doing what you're doing to no avail. I don't think Grilla is continuing to make the type of glove Chris showed on this site. All I could find were BBQ mitts, which I would not recommend. I got a pair of welder's goves at Home Depot for about $12 - I think. I have seen posts from others that referenced a mail-order tool company that had better prices.

HTH

PRG

If you have a Meijers store near you, they sell Eastman BBQ gloves. They are similar to welders gloves, they are heavy duty leather gloves, gauntlet style. Have had mine for almost a year now. If I remember right they were about $18.

Stupid question, but I don't know the answer. Don't the gloves get really messy? Are they easy to wash?

The heavy duty leather gauntlet gloves are for protection from heat during activities like dumping hot coals from a chimney into the charcoal ring or reaching across a hot grill to flip meat. For hands-on-hot-meat tasks-- like pulling pork butt or getting a grip on whole poultry-- the neoprene or PVC-coated gloves are preferred, as they do not absorb grease or juices.

I bought these gloves when I ordered
my dutch oven from Lodge.
I figured I could use them for grilling
and with the WSM also.
But Guess what....
These gloves are so nice, I wouldn't
dare expose them to black soot and grease.
I use some cheapo leather gloves from the
hardware store.
I use these when I ride my motorcycle
or when I go cold weather fishing, I put
some wool inserts in them and my hands
never ever get cold.
{08096260-1CD1-11D6-A831-0090278E87D3}_A5-2.jpg

Lodge Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back