grill tube replacements - Spirit E-210

Dan Neill

Hi,
My 2014 E-210 (2 burner, model 46113101) crossover tube finally stopped gas from going between and that as well as general corrosion prompted me to get a replacement set of burner tubes/crossover tube. It fits well, but my question is, the bolts in the back of the firebox I believe are not supposed to be removed or do anything but kind of be a general cage for the tubes. But the new tubes kind of have some back and forth play (front to back), meaning they can be over the gas orifices slightly (if pushed back) or more completely (if pulled forward). For the life of me I can't remember if the original tubes also did that but I feel everything was so corroded I bet they didn't move much. I am using it now and it works, but I am just worried the burner tubes might be inefficiently placed, even dangerous perhaps (?) if pushed to the back so maybe there could be some gas escaping? But I don't ever smell any gas (more than normal) when I use it. I would appreciate any ideas on how to keep the burner tubes from moving forward or back (about 1 cm) or if it's ok to just let them be wherever they want to be.

Updating with video:
Thanks,
Dan

It’s probably not dangerous. The burner tubes should move for expansion. They shouldn’t be loose though.

You could take a washer and cut a notch to make a C and place it between the bolt head and the burner tubes to see if it reduces the play.

They look fine to me. Along as the actual orifice is still inside the tube, you are good. I don't see any of the orifice sticking out at all. As BPratt suggests, they are designed to have play in them as they will expand and "lengthen"

Back