Grill cover Silver B

Chris-IL

TVWBB Member
Hi, I am still happily rocking my Silver B for almost 25 years now

Need to get another cover as the current one started ripping at the handles. I have generally gotten aftermarket Amazon ones that last a few years until the UV starts to get to them. I guess I could try to treat them with 303 Aerospace protectant or something but that seems like too much fun to worry about.

Any current recommendations for best but still inexpensive grill cover? The one I just had was fine except it was a little long, so I cut several inches off the bottom. I like my covers not to slop all the way down onto the ground because I think it looks messy and also cuts down on airflow and ventilation.

Honestly I just buy covers from Amazon. None of them have been "bad" some absolutely GREAT and never spent more than $30 or so. Unless you're hung up on OEM go that route

Be careful of fit. I bought this one for my 2000 era Genesis Silver B:

Unicook Waterproof BBQ Grill Cover, 55 Inch, Heavy Duty, Fade Resistant, Compatible for Weber Char-Broil Nexgrill Grills and More​

And the material puddled on the ground catching under the wheels. Seemed to be made OK otherwise but it will be easier to stow the grill in the garage. Company let me keep it but refunded my purchase price as it was not as new and without the plastic bag they called packaging. Quite a bit of back and forth with them after they saw my negative review. I wouldn't choose the Unicook brand. That said, they're only $25.

Last edited:
I try to find New Old stock Weber covers. They are way way thicker and last a lot longer.

I have a few Weber covers that are 30 years old and still in good shape. I have a Weber cover that's only a few years old and disintegrated.

They come up from time to time. Right now I'm only seeing one for sale New in Palm springs on Facebook marketplace. It's only 35 bucks and maybe they would ship it if you ask them to.

Last edited:
Be careful of fit. I bought this one for my 2000 era Genesis Silver B:

Unicook Waterproof BBQ Grill Cover, 55 Inch, Heavy Duty, Fade Resistant, Compatible for Weber Char-Broil Nexgrill Grills and More​

And the material puddled on the ground catching under the wheels. Seemed to be made OK otherwise but it will be easier to stow the grill in the garage. Company let me keep it but refunded my purchase price as it was not as new and without the plastic bag they called packaging. Quite a bit of back and forth with them after they saw my negative review. I wouldn't choose the Unicook brand. That said, they're only $25.
I have bought many of these over the last 20+ years and durability has been great. As far as length, they have gotten longer over the years. Probably because the newer Weber grills are taller than the old Silver B.

You want 55 wide but only 42 high (or less). Not (like many) 45 high. Also, I buy them in gray not black -- uv fade is not as notice-able.

Weber tells you to get the 7130 cover for the Silver B for $83. Listed at 58 wide and 44.5 inches high. Too big.

For extra ventilation and for extra wind lift off protection, I cut a few holes out in the back side (my grill is kept backed against the wall of the house).

Last edited:
I’ve been keeping an eye on eBay like Josh said. I want to find one for my 330. Also was hoping a Weber tank cover would show up cheap as they refine the look of an out boarded tank. Not seeing much on there cheap enough for me though.

I have bought many of these over the last 20+ years and durability has been great. As far as length, they have gotten longer over the years. Probably because the newer Weber grills are taller than the old Silver B.
It does seem well made. However, I hope the many you have bought were for different grills otherwise, maybe they aren't so well made? ;)

I’ve been keeping an eye on eBay like Josh said. I want to find one for my 330. Also was hoping a Weber tank cover would show up cheap as they refine the look of an out boarded tank. Not seeing much on there cheap enough for me though.
The tank covers are pretty inexpensive in my opinion. I actually think I paid more for the one I bought three or four years ago than this.Screenshot_20240831-004447.png

Just be careful not to get one that does go all the way to the ground. If you do, hem it up or something. You need that gap to allow air to circulate in and up around the grill to dry out condensation.
Yep I agree and that's what I said in the post. I started by trying to fold it and staple it up like I was hemming pant cuffs, but it came undone in a few months so then I just took some scissors and cut off a few inches at the bottom

Happened to find this on my Amazon Vine program (for free) so will see how it is. They have a bunch of different measurement versions but this one seemed close

BRIVIC Grill Cover for Outdoor Grill, BBQ Gas Grill Cover, Barbecue Cover, Waterproof, Anti-UV, Rip-Proof, Fade Resistant Material, Heavy Duty, (55.1" W x 23.1" D x 42" H, Black & Black)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D86LWK9Y?tag=tvwb-20

Back