Griddles

Issom

TVWBB Fan
Anyone have experience with this one

I have seen that one advertised but seems pricy (though I am eh lets say frugal). I had tried 3 different options on my Q320 to do smash burgers. Carbon steel fry pan, cast iron fry pan, and reversible cast iron griddle. All went on top of the CI grates the Q320 had. None worked as well as I had hoped. I found the dedicated griddle that replaces one of my grates for $34 and bought it. Works fantastic. I can get it over 600 degrees. The problem was for me the grill could not get the existing grates and the griddle hot enough. Your mileage may vary. What grill are you looking to put a griddle on?

Been looking at those for a while. Does anyone know if it's an issue with airflow if I do the whole grill?

Yes it is. You will get excessive heat buildup. Especially if you're trying to get insane surface temps

Yes it is. You will get excessive heat buildup. Especially if you're trying to get insane surface temps
What do u suggest? I like the idea of of having half with a flat top this would be used for 40% of my grilling.. when I do smash burgers, or Philly cheese steaks or fajitas

I have a griddle top for my 26 kettle I use from hunsakers but takes alot of fuel to get good Temps..

Looks like you took off the grate. Why not take off another layer of flavorizers? I bet it would heat faster and higher.

I not been able to get high enough temp on a griddle inset on a gasser. Instead we use a MoJoe, just a slab of steel crafted by some guy out in California. We use it on a 22" Weber kettle. Can get to excellent temps. As on the left in the pic from the their website.

Three+Ways+to+Use.jpg

Back