"Grey" Smokey Joe ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Furdyn

TVWBB Pro
Bought a "Grey" smokey joe at a garage sale today, for $2.

Has the letter "L" on the top vent, (1989) from the chart on this site ?

Owner said it was never used, looks pretty good a little dusty from setting in the garage, will clean it up.

Did Weber make these "Grey" incolor back then.

Don't assume it has any colectors type vale ?

Maybe watching too much "American Pickers' on TV ??

Just curious.

Thanks for any input.

AJ sorry i don't have a digital camera.

Shaun It looks pretty much excatly like yours only the lid and bottom are gray.

It also has a metal strap/rod that snaps into a groove in the top wooden lid handle and you can pick the whole thing up by the lid handle to carry it.

Also there are 2 curved rectangular vent covers for the lower vent holes, 2 holes per side. they are not attached they are just loose in the grill interior. guess they must attach somehow to the grill body mabe screws or some thing haven really had a chance to look at it that closely yet.

It says weber on the lid vent cover, similar to my WSM. It also says platinum.

Went ouside any look things over. The rectangular vent cover are held on by the rod that holds the lid on. there was 1 washer in the bottom it goes on the rod to hold these vent covers on. 1 missing used a similar washer from the garage.

Nice deal for you John and nice pic by Shaun.
The Navy would be proud!
Love these rare colors.
icon_cool.gif

Shaun

Yep mine looks like yours the legs and all.

Only difference is the color and mine has a wooden handle.

The cooking grate is about 13.5 in on mine, is yours the same ?

By the way how do you like yours. Seams like a neat litle grill. Cook some hots and hamburgers, maybe a little chicken.

Even saw on the forum some smoking done on these.

Are you claiming you have a different grey? I have never seen any other grey. Keep in mind that my picture was taken possibly with a flash. I am nearly positive it's identical and not an extremely rare find. Please post a picture.

Shaun

Sorry I don't have acsess to a digital camera.

Now that I looked a little closer, I believe mine is the same color as yours.

I cleaned it up yesterday.

Do you have any tips and or pointers on using it.

Any info would be appeiated.

Thanks

I would still like to see a picture since what interests me is that you said it has a wood handle?

Here is a link on setting up the fire on one that has helped me. Enjoy!

Shaun

Thanks for the link.

What year is yours ? Did you check the date code per this website ?

My is letter "L", I believe the code indicates it was made in 1989 ? Maybe that's why it has a wooden handle ??

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Furdyn:
Shaun

Thanks for the link.

What year is yours ? Did you check the date code per this website ?

My is letter "L", I believe the code indicates it was made in 1989 ? Maybe that's why it has a wooden handle ??

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure what year it is? I never checked. I will post when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back