Greetings from Vermont

Kevin Way

where high winds blew over my new (used less than 10x) Genesis E-325s.

Little damage to knobs (all still usable), but control panel assembly cracked and won’t sit properly. Stems all turn freely (when control panel assembly is removed) but sit uniformly high in cut outs. This is very much how it was received when purchased, but knobs will not turn now when control panel assembly is in place.

No pics available at moment.

Is it all possible that the manifold assembly mount could be bent with such negligible damage to knobs? It seems too well built for that.

I’m wondering if I replace the control panel assembly (faceplate) and get it seated correctly whether I’ll be good to go.

Any suggestions? Safety concerns!

I should have pics next weekend (weather permitting!)

I’d ask Weber and send them pics. They usually can diagnose problems well and they’ll likely sell you parts at some discount due to the circumstances.

Welcome. Tough way to join. No one likes their grills blown over. I speak from experience.

On such a new grill, I would probably try and work with Weber on your problem as Brett suggested. The obvious suggestion is to replace any parts that you deem damaged and put it back together to test function.

I’d ask Weber and send them pics. They usually can diagnose problems well and they’ll likely sell you parts at some discount due to the circumstances.

Welcome. Tough way to join. No one likes their grills blown over. I speak from experience.
Thanks! I had already spent about 30 minutes on hold plus 5 calls that rang until terminated. I appreciate the two quick responses and am encouraged by the advise and apparent belief in Weber's customer support; I was having doubts. The forum seems like a friendly and helpful resource.

Thanks! I had already spent about 30 minutes on hold plus 5 calls that rang until terminated. I appreciate the two quick responses and am encouraged by the advise and apparent belief in Weber's customer support; I was having doubts. The forum seems like a friendly and helpful resource.
I’ve kind of given up on calling companies but rather prefer to send an email with pics.

Covid has messed up many businesses these days and their pain points remain on service.

See if you can initiate your service via email. I did this yesterday with Simplehuman, via text, and had a response in 2 hours and advanced my case quickly, without having to speak with a human.

And I just did a full warranty claim with Anker on a usb c cable. All email. Never spoke with a human. It’s just so much easier this way.

I’ve kind of given up on calling companies but rather prefer to send an email with pics.
Also, I know that it doesn't have the personal touch, but if more people had this attitude, companies would be freed from keeping lines open and operators/CSRs standing by, and people on hold, and supervisors listening in, and training staff on telephone skills, etc.

Also, I know that it doesn't have the personal touch, but if more people had this attitude, companies would be freed from keeping lines open and operators/CSRs standing by, and people on hold, and supervisors listening in, and training staff on telephone skills, etc.
IMO, waiting for the phone to ring is very 2000’s.

I don’t check VMs much anymore. We advise clients to email us and we call them back.

We schedule calls to avoid phone tag.

Even at work we interface with my parent company via chat.

I spend my call time on outbound calls finalizing resolutions.

This whole next generation doesn’t even use the calling part of a phone. Text and IMs only.

Little damage to knobs (all still usable), but control panel assembly cracked and won’t sit properly. Stems all turn freely (when control panel assembly is removed) but sit uniformly high in cut outs. This is very much how it was received when purchased, but knobs will not turn now when control panel assembly is in place.

No pics available at moment.

Is it all possible that the manifold assembly mount could be bent with such negligible damage to knobs? It seems too well built for that.

I’m wondering if I replace the control panel assembly (faceplate) and get it seated correctly whether I’ll be good to go.

Any suggestions? Safety concerns!

I should have pics next weekend (weather permitting!)
Hi, check the insides of the knobs to make sure they are not stripped. Next, make sure there is enough clearance to push the knob in then turn the valve.

The valves generally won’t turn until pushed in

Keep us posted…

Have you registered the grill with Weber? If not it's a good thing to do you'll have access to the schematic for exact part numbers and then you can contact weber with specific questions.

The valves are fairly sturdy, but the valve stems can bend.

I suggest starting a new thread in gas grills forum. It may get more visibility as a new thread. Take some close up pics and share them.

Oh yeah, welcome Kevin!

Back