Greetings from The Motor City!

Ed_T

TVWBB Fan
Thanks for the add - after lurking for a week I realized I better jump in to this fun and useful forum!

My journey started with a 22" off brand (Happy Cooker?) used kettle we were gifted when we bought our house in '86. The top handle bracket rusted out after a couple years and I scavenged a green top from a Weber I saw in the trash while taking my daughter to the orthodontist. I now realize the cart and table were worth getting too.

A few years later I gave in to my wife's wish for a gas grill, picking up a free Char Broil on the way home from a wake. It was crappy but worked and I still used my kettle most of the time. When it rotted away I found a closeout two burner Fiesta with a cast firebox and top and thought I hit the jackpot, $108 with a tank. After 12 years of use with only two sets of flavor bars replaced, I hunted down a new H burner and proceeded to procrastinate upgrading as the old one was still fairly good.

A week ago I finally committed to rehabbing the Fiesta and putting in the new burner. As I moved it I realized the firebox was rocking and in fact detached from the frame on both sides. I thought I could overcome the frame being rusted out at the mount with washers until I realized the mounts on the firebox were rotted out, big gaping holes. I set out to get a quick and dirty used grill for the fall, figuring I'd do my homework to replace my Canadian made workhorse later.

A $25 Weber showed up on the Nextdoor site at almost the same time. I drove three miles and it came home in the minivan. I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Genesis Silver A. It only needed new flavor bars, an igniter and elbow grease. Instead of a short term fix I now have a grill that may outlive me.

It was such a pleasure to work on a quality American made product that I'm already watching for more Weber fun and I feel myself slipping down the rabbit hole. I am thankful this forum and it's members have such a wealth of experience and knowledge - you've been great teachers!

Anybody need a brand new H burner for a Fiesta Advantis?:)

Last edited:
Hi Ed, WELCOME!!!!!!!

Great decision on your part to join in the fun here. You will be very glad you did. The people here are not only very nice, but also very helpful.

Thanks for the add - after lurking for a week I realized I better jump in to this fun and useful forum!

My journey started with a 22" off brand (Happy Cooker?) used kettle we were gifted when we bought our house in '86. The top handle bracket rusted out after a couple years and I scavenged a green top from a Weber I saw in the trash while taking my daughter to the orthodontist. I now realize the cart and table were worth getting too.

A few years later I gave in to my wife's wish for a gas grill, picking up a free Char Broil on the way home from a wake. It was crappy but worked and I still used my kettle most of the time. When it rotted away I found a closeout two burner Fiesta with a cast firebox and top and thought I hit the jackpot, $108 with a tank. After 12 years of use with only two sets of flavor bars replaced, I hunted down a new H burner and proceeded to procrastinate upgrading as the old one was still fairly good.

A week ago I finally committed to rehabbing the Fiesta and putting in the new burner. As I moved it I realized the firebox was rocking and in fact detached from the frame on both sides. I thought I could overcome the frame being rusted out at the mount with washers until I realized the mounts on the firebox were rotted out, big gaping holes. I set out to get a quick and dirty used grill for the fall, figuring I'd do my homework to replace my Canadian made workhorse later.

A $25 Weber showed up on the Nextdoor site at almost the same time. I drove three miles and it came home in the minivan. I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Genesis Silver A. It only needed new flavor bars, an igniter and elbow grease. Instead of a short term fix I now have a grill that may outlive me.

It was such a pleasure to work on a quality American made product that I'm already watching for more Weber fun and I feel myself slipping down the rabbit hole. I am thankful this forum and it's members have such a wealth of experience and knowledge - you've been great teachers!

Anybody need a brand new H burner for a Fiesta Advantis?:)
Welcome Ed! Enjoy TVWBB!

Welcome Ed. I went the Fiesta route before the cheap offshore experiment. Hit on a 50% off sale on a Genesis S330 and haven’t looked back. Weberitis set in and I have way too many now, so be forewarned.

Some folks on here knock the Silver A as not as valuable, desirable, or worth rehabbing as the bigger three burner grills. I have a couple of Silver A's and they are very capable grilling machines. I also have a Silver B and it really isn't that much more functional in the grand scheme of things.

One good thing about a Silver A is that in a pinch many Silver B bars and grates can be cut down to fit the Silver A.

Back