1673059994119.jpeg

Lemon butter oregano rice

1673060273562.jpeg

Coming along. Almost there.

1673060368160.jpeg

Some red juice

1673060709521.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good man, the CI technique is new to me but makes sense.
Hope the weather has come around....no bbq for a week makes you something something....

Looking good man, the CI technique is new to me but makes sense.
Hope the weather has come around....no bbq for a week makes you something something....
I learned the CI trick a few years back. It’s radiant heat and since the protein doesn’t touch the CI, the protein doesn’t lose a lot of moisture. So the chicken remained very juicy and held onto the crushed garlic, lemon zest, oregano and retained the lemon juice, salt brine too. The EVOO helped build the outside sear on the chicken.

And cleanup is easy. I’m hopeful I can get the WSK going for Sunday. I want to smoke some beef ribs. Got to see what Costco has in stock today.

Last edited:
I’m rocking a beef rib post as we speak.
And toughing it out on the kettle....a few tricks and it works just like the WSK.
Holding a 280 and gently smoking hickory with it.......
It’s tough as the charcoal burns down you need to adjust the wood to keep the smoke thin and blue.
Then you need to add more charcoal and repeat.

It really does....I’m a big char and colour fan but I could see uses with this, like sous vide...I have come to not use that so much these days though.
Now the kettle is doing the impossible.....holding a 250 for the past while and still giving a good smoke.
Will update my other thread soon with pics.

Back