Great tool for cleaning burner holes

JSalley

I see people mention a lot of tools for cleaning the gunk/rust out of the holes in the burner tubes. I recently had to do this, and my dad said "You should use a set of torch cleaners". A little Googling and some Amazoning, and I came up with this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X228R1L/?tag=tvwb-20

It's a set of VERY small files. You find the one that fits, and clean away. My fingers were a little sore from holding that tiny, tiny file and cleaning out all 4 burners, and it got EVERYTHING out of the holes, and they look great.

Great little tool to keep in your arsenal for under $10.
JS

Yup. Anybody who has a blue-tipped wrench almost certainly has one of those. They should be available anywhere that you can buy torches, I'd bet that even HD/Lowe's/Menard's has them somewhere.

Why do I not have one if not several of these?
Pretty sure I have seen them around. I will have some by the end of today I hope.
Reminds me a bit of chainsaw sharpening files. Which work surprisingly well; really makes a difference you can feel.
Ps sidenote. Went through granddad's garage this week. (30 years late.) Old auto and airplane machinist from the early days. (Very early days, ~20s) Expected to find cool vintage stuff and old tools. Only found a stack of hack saw blades.... yep you guessed it, they were a set of guages. Like large feeler guages. No mm ones. Too old for metric. Now I need to find a use for a vintage work bench light, and a vintage Craftsman tool chest. Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. Personally I use my Dremel with a small point to clean out the burner tubes. Works well.

I see people mention a lot of tools for cleaning the gunk/rust out of the holes in the burner tubes. I recently had to do this, and my dad said "You should use a set of torch cleaners". A little Googling and some Amazoning, and I came up with this.

It's a set of VERY small files. You find the one that fits, and clean away. My fingers were a little sore from holding that tiny, tiny file and cleaning out all 4 burners, and it got EVERYTHING out of the holes, and they look great.

JS

Clamping it in a pair of needle nose vice grips saves your fingers. 🙂

JS
I have a set of those I use to clean mower carburetors, never thought about using them for the grill burners.

Great thread!

I am no stranger to cleaning torch orifices, but I never thought about using a set of these to clean gas grill orifices.

I used a lot of these Harris two-piece natural gas / oxy tips, and you had to insert the tip cleaner from the backside instead of the bottom (for what it's worth).

11RJXx3MnpL._AC_.jpg

Back