Grates for Silver A?

Dave Maze

TVWBB Member
Good morning everyone! Running into a little problem looking for grates for my Genesis Silver A grill. They have some on the Weber site, but that's about all I can see. I tried checking the sticky thread links but they either don't have them or are discontinued. Can anyone link me to a site where I could purchase some quality grates? Part number on Weber site is 65904. Thanks!

Thanks Jon. Yeah I didn't see a whole lot there either. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks Joel, good to know.

Those stainless ones with .43" spacing are nuts IMO. You could easily lose an entire steak through them. :D Let alone if you want to get adventurous and grill smaller things. The CI ones look better IMO

Larry,

Just for the record, rcplanebuyer grates have a .403" spacing, so you are talking about only a .027" difference. There are definitely cheap grates out there with spacing as much as .6" inches, but I am not so sure that .43" is bad at all. As a matter of fact it is virtually identical to the spacing used by Lynx on their extremely nice thick stainless grates.

I measured personally and carefully all the grates I reviewed:

vyS9JDn.jpg

He said he uses the same spacing as the old heavy duty Weber ones. Like on the 1st gen Summit and if so they're way tighter than that. At leasat my Summit grates are way tighter than that. Mine are only just over .3" And if you recall the custom ones he did for me they are slightly less than .25. Another thing that plays in is when the spacing might be one thing but the wires are so thin anything can slip off them as well. So unless Dave has cheapened up on his quality I could not say. But find a set of standard 1st gen Summit grates and they're sweet

Back