Gourmet BBQ System

Brian Johnson

TVWBB Pro
So back around Fathers Day I saw this post on Weber.com. What caught my eye was #10, the Weber Gourmet BBQ System. I'd forgotten about it until the other day when my boss and I were talking about some repairs he had done on his Performer. Just curious to see if anybody here has tried this system. If so, do you like it? What accessories do you use most?

I have it Brian, many of the members here do. I bought mine when I had my 22" kettle, liked it so much I kept it and now set it up sometimes in the 26" kettle using fire bricks on their edge to get the height I need. I have the searing grate as well as the pizza stone and I use a 12" Lodge fry pan rather than the Weber pan. It's a great addition to your cooking arsenal and well worth the investment even if you just buy the grill system by itself.

Last edited:
Got one still in the box, but not for long. :) I made a charcoal ring for my Performers that's about the same size as the sear grate.

I have it and love it, I've got the griddle and the sear grate.The best part is the haevier guage cooking grate.

My thoughts exactly! Get it, you won't regret it.
Chorizo%2042413%20007-L.jpg

Rib%20Eye%204132013%20029-L.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the griddle this spring, and have used it a lot, would ideally like to have a smaller one too. I would like to have the sear grate too.

One thing, I don't have the grate with the centre hole. I use my old one (the one with edges that can be lifted up). This allows me to move it around on the grill and hence regulate the heat or also use the hot zone for other foods. Does anyone think that the grate with a centre hole adds value?

Greg, I just got the system with the griddle. You have cooked eggs pancakes ect. This is the main reason I bought mine and am curious about the eggs and pancakes sticking to the griddle. Have you had issues with this? The instructions say to wash with water and soap but this goes against all cast iron rules. Also it says not to use oil in the griddle. Have you? Looking forward to using but a little curious about the no oil deal. Thanks

Check your local Home Depot.
Last week my local store had the System, with the char grate, marked down to $34, from $69.99.
I bought the System 3 years ago, and the grate is still in fine condition.

Greg, I just got the system with the griddle. You have cooked eggs pancakes ect. This is the main reason I bought mine and am curious about the eggs and pancakes sticking to the griddle. Have you had issues with this? The instructions say to wash with water and soap but this goes against all cast iron rules. Also it says not to use oil in the griddle. Have you? Looking forward to using but a little curious about the no oil deal. Thanks

I think the reason they say no oil is because of the flare-up if spilled or ignition. Most oils will ignite around 450 degrees give or take. I always use oil on cast but in small quantities.

I think the reason they say no oil is because of the flare-up if spilled or ignition. Most oils will ignite around 450 degrees give or take. I always use oil on cast but in small quantities.
Thanks Gary. I've used a lot of CI on my jumbo joe when camping and only lightly oil and never had an issue. Curious with the weber griddle about the soap and water cleaning. I never wash my CI with soap but this is what weber recommends. Thoughts? Sticking with the griddle? Thanks!

I have issues with the wife. Women, well some, are tuff on knives and CI :) I clean with a scrub pad and hot or boiling water. Heat to dry and then coat with cooking oil. I have the grill system and several CI pieces. They're awesome but I generally will use a bit of oil when cooking just at the start. I have a rectangular griddle, and I lay it across the top grate. It works great and I never worry about fire but I know what I'm doing too. I think Weber's warning for oil is more for safety and liability but I don't get the soap idea at all.

My wife got me the griddle/grate set for m birthday, since then I've added the sear grate as well - love the system, easy to clean and works very well.

I hope to add the wok one day.

Love mine. I have the sear grate and the griddle. Easy to clean and maintain when you know what you are doing.

Sorry, I'm a little slow to reply here. I give mine a light spray before I start cooking, just be careful because the coals can ignite the oil if you miss the CI. It comes "pre-seasoned" but like all CI, once it's well seasoned it's the best non-stick cookware made!
Like Gary, I clash with the wife on the care as well.

I have it from wedding gifts - the griddle, wok, and the sear grate. They are great, but I haven't used them as much as I thought I would. The wok definitely gets hot - great to do a stir fry.

Back