Got the Z Grills fixed

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well as the title says. Z Grills asked me to send a video of what the control panel was doing. They Fed Ex'd a new one out. I got it installed, (plug and play), changed the network settings to match the new controller and I now have a nicely functioning Z Grill. Did a couple nice ribeyes from Costco to celebrate full functionality. The only issue with the old controller was the LCD panel. It works when you first turn it on, then begins going wonky. But the grill worked fine through the app. The first thing they asked me was "if the LCD got wet by being left in the rain uncovered". Which of course it had not since I had literally just unpacked the grill and the box showed no sign of damage. But does make me wonder if perhaps I could put it in the oven and "bake" it for a bit. Or hit it with my heat gun. If that worked I would have a second (backup).
Also waiting on an entirely new grill to show up here soon anyway. Since the shippers damaged this one by standing the unit on end. Causing the heavy end to be up (hopper side). It weighs a lot. I know because I took it out. Any all that pounding "tweaked" the hinge on the left side (which I was able to fix), tore the gasket off (fixed as well with new felt), and buckled the sheet metal on the underside (not fixed) but does not affect functionality.
Cool thing is neighbor was over, he loved it. Said when the new one comes he'd buy the damaged one. Of course I don't know what to ask for it. We never talked $$$$

Great to hear it's up and working. Never done a TT on the camp chef should be fun to do.
Really wanted to use a Weber today but as stated the wind Gods put a stop to that. Just another low pressure front blowing through. We sit in a Valley and the winds coming off the mountains surrounding us can get really nasty.

I did a SRF Tri Tip on my Member's Mark and it was absolutely amazing. Nearly fork tender, once cooked I rested it, cranked the MM to 500, and finished it off. My only regret? I did not buy more than one of those tri tips. Sometime this weekend a whole chicken or 2 will get done on the Z, I still have one chukie left and I have a rack of beef back ribs in the freezer. I'm thinking that rack should get used this weekend since they went in the freeze box at end of last summer. Just finished breakfast and now making myself hungry. Had the grandkids last night and still with us this AM. The littlest one was having a bad night. She could not get to sleep. Lots of crying. She's teething again. Oddly she did not even wake up the 2 yo in the same room.
Love them like crazy but oh the relief when their mom gets them back LOL

Understand that use of older frozen stuff. Barb and I inventoried all three freezers and were amazed at what we found.
I thought I had one TT had four. Even found a 12 lb turkey from 09/22. Got enough chicken to feed a football team for a month or more.
So we are trying to burn through the oldest first.
Also understand the grandkids, we used to watch them quite a bit in their younger days. Love them dearly but was always glad to see them go home again.
edit: Granddaughter graduated from high school Thursday...where did the time go.

Last edited:

Back