Got it built, now can't configure

Mike-in-DE

I got my 4.1 built today and loaded everything on the SD card and booted it the first time. After about a minute or so I got the no probe error and then it started reading 252 degrees on food 3 (from the ambient). I hooked it up to my home network via cat6 and the generic ip didn't work and it didn't display an ip either. I rebooted a couple times and still nothing but on either of the reboots it never gave the probe error either. Just a blinking cursor on the LCD and sometimes the yellow led would lite up. I then tried to hook it up to a monitor and logitech wireless keyboard. It would appear to boot and load the script but then it appeared to almost start repeating the script and after a few minutes would just stop. It didn't seem to be picking anything up from the keyboard either, but it did recognize the dongle as "logitech". I was only using the 5v powered with a PC usb.

What do I do now?

Sounds like it may be flaky solder work, since it powered up and worked and then started flaking out perhaps due to physical agitation. I would remove the ATMega and then re-solder that socket, wiggle the legs a bit when hot to help solder flow to the opposite side of the board. Inspect the board with a magnifying glass or take a close-up digital picture and zoom in on your PC to look for poor solder joints and/or solder bridges across the whole board.

Back