Got another WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ordered from Amazon. Should be here on the 19th. Now I got one to keep here in the city
and another for "rancho pendejo"... my brother's place in the country.
Now I am ready wherever I go.

Sounds great! Congrats.

I just added a 26-3/4" Kettle to my family of Webers. Now my 2 WSM's and 22-1/2" Kettle have a big brother.

The only other Weber I might still get some day is a Platinum Smokey Joe...If I can find a good deal on one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rocky:
[qb]Sounds great! Congrats.

I just added a 26-3/4" Kettle to my family of Webers. Now my 2 WSM's and 22-1/2" Kettle have a big brother.

The only other Weber I might still get some day is a Platinum Smokey Joe...If I can find a good deal on one.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Where'd you get the 26 3/4" kettle?

I had to order it as replacement parts and put it together. I couldn't find one anywhere, so this was the only way to get one. I'm gonna post some pictures soon of the 26-3/4" kettle next to the 22-1/2" kettle. It is amazing how big it is. The lid is shaped a little differently than the 22-1/2". The top of the lid is slightly flat instead of completely rounded. The charcoal grates are very interesting. They are 19-1/2" and have some strange kind of structural support built underneath across the middle. The cooking grates are much more heavy-duty than the ones that come with the 22-1/2". The wheels are bigger. The triangle is a little bigger and looks more like the one from the Gold series. The bowl has 2 handles, one on the front and one on the back.

I had to call Weber last night and have them ship me a new bowl. The one they sent me had some porcelain/enamel chipped off one of the tack welds on one of the leg slots, both inside and outside the bowl in the same location. Also, one of the handles on the bowl had too big of a screw hole drilled in it, the plastic handle could not be securely fastened without sliding back and forth loosely.

I was told that both of these defects/problems were serious enough for them to send me a new bowl.

The triangle was slightly bent and the hook would not stay in the little hole in the front leg. The bend was easily fixed by pulling on it some, but that didn't fix the problem. I was able to use a plastic/nylon secure strap to fix this problem, but I was told that they will just send me a new triangle as well. Also, they will send new wheel caps since I will have to pry off the first ones to remove the triangle.

A minor setback, but not a big deal. Might as well have everything the way it is supposed to be since I am paying top dollar for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back