Got a ribeye roast - any tips?

Pete B

TVWBB Member
Never done a ribeye roast before, I want to smoke it. I have lump and cherry chunks, I'll use minion method and smoke it at about 225-250. Weighs about four pounds.

Any salt-free rub recs for a nice spendy piece of meat like that?

I did this one for New Yearsday dinner and it came out fantastic.Ribe Eye Roast or you can do it up like this. Very Popular Rib Roast
icon_smile.gif

If that was my ribeye 4 LB roast, I would turn it into 3 nice ribeye steaks and grill them up with some smoke. Then go out and find a nice chuck roast for low and slow. :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob H.:
If that was my ribeye 4 LB roast, I would turn it into 3 nice ribeye steaks and grill them up with some smoke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Umm here's A portion of what I did from the Rib Eye Roast link.
icon_confused.gif

"I roasted it on the WSM @250 over Ozark Oak Lump with 2 pieces of cherry and one Oak chunk till 120 internal. Removed the bones and sliced the roast into steaks 3/4"-1" range which yieled 5 nice steaks. Poured the remaining marinade over them left sit about 10 min while i broke the WSM down and set it up to grill ontop of the charcoal bowl till med done."

Back