Got a New Remote Therm'r - Maverick

Been using a polder remote for a log time, and it's crazy making because it only gives a high temp. Also, my beeps at me whether I want it to or not. so, today I went up to concord, ON the BBQs place and got a maverick Barbecue smoker remote. It allows me to set high and low temps, and has a separate meat probe. Can't wait to try it.

I'm using mine right now with my first bullet smoke. It has served me well for years BBQing on my weber kettle.

Nice to cook by temps instead of time isn't it. You won't regret this purchase, I have the one you have and I also just purchased the ET-7 model which has 2 probes for meat only.

How and where are you mounting the Maverick?

I have had one for years which I use on my offset, but haven't yet decided on the best way to adapt it to the new WSM.

My plan is to put the smoker probe in the same hole I drilled in the dome for my Polder. The meat probe I'm less sure about. Maybe through the top air vent? What are other folks doing?

I have one of theose - the remote job. Wile it's fine for putting in meat, if you are using it for a smoker, it will only give you a high temp alert. On most of my ovenight smokes, I need a low alert more.

Back