Good internet source for smoke wood?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have checked locally (Denver) and all I am finding in chunks for wood is hickory and mesquite. I am looking for some apple, oak and cherry. I checked the resources page on this site and the two sites listed do not have wood or are all out. Does anyone have a good place they use for wood chunks?

Hawgeyes is great, good prices and customer service. You can always call Mike, or contact him on the BBQ Forum.

I just placed a first time order for Pecan and Cherry from Kingsmoke. As someone said, they are out of Apple, so I searched around and found what I consider a goldmine:

Charlie Chuck's Fruitwoods

This guy's prices are the best I've found on the internet. Wow, only $16 for 25 lbs. of chunks. I was finding places wanting $30 for 10 lbs.

He's just one state over, and the shipping was a little over $8. That's a total of about $1 a pound, which I consider really reasonable. I talked to him over the phone when I placed my order, he's a real friendly guy. He said he'd keep my credit card info in his computer, so next time I can just email him.

If anyone can beat this place's selection and prices, please let me know.

Edit: I received my box of wood in two business days! Talk about fast! And nice looking big chunks, too. Call me a satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back