Good deals on Pentax cameras, lens, etc on Woot

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Those look like amazing deals - thanks for posting it! I'll have to read up - I'm a bit of a spendthrift so I'm going to do my best to resist! Lately I've been all about speed bags & musical instruments :)

I sure would like a more manual camera to play around with.

Pentax makes a decent camera, but in all honesty I have sold my Nikon bodies last year and am now doing all Sony. Best dang cameras going in my opinion. I first bought the A6000. Superb small camera. Four months ago I bought myself the A7 II full frame camera and it is the best camera I have ever used.
On both of these I am using all my legacy Nikon lens with a Metabones adapter and am thrilled with the results. These cameras allow you to use all of your old or new Canon Nikon Pentax Leica etc. lens as a manual focus lens and it is fantastic. The Sony Zeiss lenses are superb also.
The A6000 is being used by wedding photographers and other types of pro and amateur guys with incredible results and you can pick one up for under 600.
The A7II is a full pro level weatherproof camera and the images are stunning.
Just thought I would put it out there

They sold out fast. The K30 at that price for a weather sealed dslr was an amazing deal.

Pentax makes a decent camera?
Come on Bill. :p
Many are weather sealed, as well as several lenses.
All have in body shake reduction.
Their glass is pretty legendary too.
Pentax uses Sony sensors, as do other brands, they are great sensors.

Seriously though, the K-30 for under $300 with lens was (sold out now) a great deal.
I'm anxious to see the the new Pentax FF coming later this year, but have no interest in it since I prefer a crop sensor, it gives me more reach for my birds.

Sorry, I'm as loyal to Pentax as I am to Weber. :)

I guess I will add my 20 cents. I still have my Nikon F2S from 40 or so years ago. Film and all manual. And of course my Canon 40D.

Bottom line is they all take good pictures. The determining factor is ultimately the photographer. Sometimes I am good and sometimes not so good.

Just my thoughts.

Bottom line is they all take good pictures. The determining factor is ultimately the photographer. Sometimes I am good and sometimes not so good.
Just my thoughts.

And that's something I should have added to my post.
Many cheap point and shoots are as good as, or better than, the early dslr's.
I remember when digital first came out and thought these things will never fly!

They sold out fast. The K30 at that price for a weather sealed dslr was an amazing deal.

I agree - I have a couple of friends whose brand of choice is Pentax, mine was always canon.

I should have bit, but I've been spending way too much lately.

And that's something I should have added to my post.
Many cheap point and shoots are as good as, or better than, the early dslr's.
I remember when digital first came out and thought these things will never fly!

The progress over the last 12-13 years is staggering!

Bob, no disrespect to Pentax meant at all. I have owned a few starting with the 1000 which I had in the 70's doing obviously film. But the future is now with mirrorless cameras and what that technology brings. That is why Nikon and Canon are working on cameras with that technology. Trying to compete with what Sony has brought out.
They all can take beautiful images and I have used all of them through the years. But what Sony has given us in the mirrorless cameras is astounding and the ability to use those great Pentax and other lenses such as Minolta Nikon Canon Leica etc. in fantastic. Currently I am using my Nikon lenses on my Sony's and it is superb to say the least.
Just thought I would throw an option in there for all who might be looking. In my humble opinion the Sony A6000 is the best camera you can buy today for the price. The Image quality, the flexibility and the size is tough to beat. Plus the Electronic View Finder shows you exactly what image effect your settings will produce before you snap the shutter. Old school viewfinders do not give this to you.
Just an option to consider

No disrespect taken Bill.
I'm sure we both agree that the best camera is the one that you have with you, when you want to take a photograph.
Even if it's on a cell phone.

Hi Bill, I ran that A600 by one of my camera (& gun) buddies, he steered me back towards pentax - said he preferred a full sized camera body & something else. I like the idea of the A600 myself. Fun to window shop this stuff sometimes. The first digital camera I got other than a cell phone camera I immediately took back was the Kodak MC3 - I thought I was super cool :) Camera, video, & MP3, all in my pocket.... along with a palm pilot, and a cell phone.

I got a lot of good pictures & videos that I still enjoy.

Back