Go Anywhere Gas CL find

SteveM.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi guys, I found a nice GA gas for 10 bucks on Craigslist, but the burner rod has a little rust on it and it did not have a flavorizer bar.My question is, can the grill work without the bar and how can I remove the rust from the burner rod? thanks

burner rod ? you mean the tube ? if so, its ss and anything on it can be easily gotten off with some ss wool pad. or brass. do not use steel wool.
you do need the flavorizer bar/plate as it distributes the heat. i suppose you could try using lava rocks as i've seen some do. the flavorizer is about $19 !
i could send you one but the postage would negate any real savings.

Hi George thanks for the reply, yes I mean the tube, so Stainless Steel wool pad will do it for the tube?

yes. it won't shine up or anything as ss does change colors. also take a small drill bit and make sure the holes are all cleaned out.
also you might run into a problem of light breezes putting the flame out. i put a screen over the hole near the regulator and then
built a shield over that. it seems to work so far. look for some of my old posts on the gga.

Back