Gloves at Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade G

TVWBB Fan
Ok. So, I got some red PVC lamenated gloves, which will be my "heat" gloves. I'll use it for lifing grates mid-cook, placing coals, etc.
I also picked up a pair of black, mid forearm length gloves that were in the cleaning section. I thought they could be my hot meat pulling gloves. But goodness, they reek of the smell of rubber. I had planned on slipping some clear food handling gloves over them, but I still don't want the meat to taste like rubber. I'd also like to think I could use them one day without clear gloves over them in a pinch.

Is there a way to get rid of the rubbery smell?

Perchance are they Stanley brand gloves, black and textured (little ridges) all over?

I bought some of those from HD. They smelled bad at first but it went away. Never noticed the smell transferred to meat though.

Don't think they were stanley, but other than that they're similiar. Did you wash them? and if so, with what?

I use my firefighting gloves to grab grates and actually move lit coals around. You can pick up anything lit, even with flames and wont feel any heat. Just cant grab the meat with them but then again I just use my bare hands for that anyway. The gloves only cost around $15 if you get them online. Works for me.

I use heavy duty electician's gloves for handling the grates and working with the fire. I don't actually touch the coals with them like Jim, but they have always worked great for me.

Here is a link to the gloves I use. They are $10 w/ no shipping charge! They work great, don't smell and wash up easily with dishsoap!
icon_wink.gif

They are probably gloves by MR. Clean, that is what I got in the cleaning sec. at Home Depot. They work good and don't worry about the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back