Glad to have found this site!

HankBates

TVWBB Super Fan
I have already posted asking for help fixing the legs on our Spirit 700 which we bought new 20+ years ago.
The help I got quickly fixed the problem.
We live in about the middle of Cape Cod, and have been here for about 30 years.
I like using and restoring when needed, older items: We use a 15 year old Livia 90 espresso machine, two 20-25 year old Volvo wagons with a combined mileage of 460K, 10 yr old computers, and, of course the 700. Etc.

Sounds like you belong here. I would like to see a pic of that espresso machine if you want to post one.

I put it together from two machines. The seller Would buy a new one from Pasquini, plug it in, and when it stopped running, buy another. They averaged about 4 year life. Also roast my own coffee with a Hottop which dates to about 2007, picture is typical, not my machine.

Attachments

• IMG-1048.JPG
    IMG-1048.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 16
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 15
I put it together from two machines. The seller Would buy a new one from Pasquini, plug it in, and when it stopped running, buy another. They averaged about 4 year life. Also roast my own coffee with a Hottop which dates to about 2007, picture is typical, not my machine.
Very sweet set up. My father-in-law used to pick the coffee beans in his yard and my mother-in-law would make a fire and use a big pan to roast them over the fire. Unfortunately I only got to try it once. It is a good thing you can fix these. A friend had an Italian espresso machine that cost over $1500 and broke. He could not get support or parts and I think it may have wound up in the trash;-(

Well, I've been on the site for a little over a year, and I'm realizing just how well it fits with my interests and hobbies.
I have been rescuing useful machines and other items from the road side for about as long as Weber has been making grills.
It all started in 1970 when we were on our way from Buffalo NY, where we lived for a time, to my wife's mother's funeral in Wilkes-Barre PA and we took a side road around Cortland, NY, when I saw the pictured vehicle sitting in a field somewhat back from the road with a $200 sign in one of the windows. I came back the next week with a tow hitch, and it all began.....

Attachments

• 1937Buick46C.jpg
    1937Buick46C.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 9
I've rescued Weber grills, furniture, jungle gyms, a Hobart mixer, bicycles, a wheeled leaf blower, fitness equipment, lawnmowers and other stuff from the side of the road. Since September I've been biking to work, so I've skipped a lot of stuff lately. Welcome to the site.

Back