Giving T-Mobile a try

Well just looked them up. They have lots of great networks but nothing for sports especially my baseball teams. But, looks like a great deal for $25
I'm still upset that Cubs games aren't on channel 9 anymore, I think I'm starting to creep into "get off my lawn" territory but if they are going to do things like this to improve revenue streams then I expect them to spend money and be good every year!

Brings the Comcast bill down to about $80/month and shaves $100+/month vs XFinity. Comcast was pushing their Flex box. I told them I didn't want it but they shipped me one anyway. It's free now but offers nothing Roku TV doesn't deliver anyway
I can't believe you can get Comcast 800gb for $80! I spent over an hour on the phone with retention dept and and I could not even get their lowest tier for $80!
Re, MLB TV it's only worth it if you either A want to watch your in market games days after their played or you like watching out of market games. I like neither so it's useless to me

I can't believe you can get Comcast 800gb for $80! I spent over an hour on the phone with retention dept and and I could not even get their lowest tier for $80!
Re, MLB TV it's only worth it if you either A want to watch your in market games days after their played or you like watching out of market games. I like neither so it's useless to me
They have all types of sleazy marketing and its all over the board... new customer incentives are the most attractive but you and I don't qualify. Also, it's very market specific pricing. It's cheaper in the immediate Philly market because Verizon FIOS is in most communities...not so at the beach 100 miles away. But $80/ month plus Fubo at $75...but only if you buy it quarterly...$85 if you go month-month. So Im cutting out about $100/month vs Xfinity. Never needed the land line and we've got more streaming content than we have time for. Only regret is nit having done it 3 years ago😉

So today I also ordered a Tablo 4 tuner OTA Network Connected DVR. This way we can have the same ability to record, and playback anywhere we had with Xfinity. Something my wife was a little upset about giving up

We have had ATT since the early mid 1990’s.
We even supplied phones to our service techs when we ran our business.

This last year our ATT account got hacked and they more or less told us to kick rocks after about 6 hours of Eastern Indian customer service that was rather not easy for us to understand.

What happened was that our ATT bill would come to our house in California, our son would tell us what we owed and we would pay the bill.
Recently the wife looked at the bill and found an extra line and a phone being financed on it.
This new phone and phone number has never been used.
This had been going on for 6 months and we didn’t catch it because we have 4 lines and rarely see our bill.
We figure it was the salesperson that handled our last new phone transaction padding his commission because he would have been the only one other than a family member to have access to our password and my kids don’t need to steal from us.

Anyways ATT apparently doesn’t consider this to be a hack but rather a theft that was done independent of them so they will not refund us a penny of the money that they collected from us.

We switched to T-Mobile, have better reception, a much more affordable plan and we are never looking back other than to throw rocks at ATT.

What a poor way to take care of a loyal customer who has paid you thousands and thousands of dollars.
Lying to them or rather changing the definition of getting hacked is just wrong.
This more so than the money is my beef with them.

Just the other day my wife’s co-worker had the exact same thing happen to her so this is not something new.
This is something that they know is going on.

Last edited:
Brought our T-Mobile home Internet box with us to Disneyworld. Staying on resort in the Caribbean resort. Getting over 100 Mbps speeds here.

We have had ATT since the early mid 1990’s.
We even supplied phones to our service techs when we ran our business.

This last year our ATT account got hacked and they more or less told us to kick rocks after about 6 hours of Eastern Indian customer service that was rather not easy for us to understand.

What happened was that our ATT bill would come to our house in California, our son would tell us what we owed and we would pay the bill.
Recently the wife looked at the bill and found an extra line and a phone being financed on it.
This new phone and phone number has never been used.
This had been going on for 6 months and we didn’t catch it because we have 4 lines and rarely see our bill.
We figure it was the salesperson that handled our last new phone transaction padding his commission because he would have been the only one other than a family member to have access to our password and my kids don’t need to steal from us.

Anyways ATT apparently doesn’t consider this to be a hack but rather a theft that was done independent of them so they will not refund us a penny of the money that they collected from us.

We switched to T-Mobile, have better reception, a much more affordable plan and we are never looking back other than to throw rocks at ATT.

What a poor way to take care of a loyal customer who has paid you thousands and thousands of dollars.
Lying to them or rather changing the definition of getting hacked is just wrong.
This more so than the money is my beef with them.

Just the other day my wife’s co-worker had the exact same thing happen to her so this is not something new.
This is something that they know is going on.
We switched our lines to TM 3 years ago. I have been a TM customer for a lot more time than that but only as a backup. Having been a flight attendant there were times we are "on call". Crew scheduling HAS to find you no matter what. So at the time I had my AT&T phone and a local MSP phone number for my backup with TM. I got a local number there because I was based at MSP and my mother in law (wife was B&R in Minneapolis suburb), did not have a long distance plan. So as a courtesy to her I made sure to get a 612 area code number. Then any time she wanted to talk to me she simply had to dial me up.
But then my AT&T bills were in the $240 range and I could not justify it. And that was with my United Airlines Employee discount! So when T_M came up with the senior plan I gave it a closer look, and called AT&T and asked if they had anything similar. They said it was only available to FLA residents. So I went with TM and never looked back.

Well I got the Tablo 4 tuner unit today. Installed a 1tb SSD in it, hooked it up to the network and antenna. EZPZ and works like a champ

Got the XFinity gateway out and the Motorola MB7621 modem in along with the TP-Link/Archer router. Went smoothly and all devices connected. Now the only thing we're paying Comcast for is 800 gbp/s internet. The Hisense Roku TV likes the 5gh and Fubo is very good. Plus Prime, HBO MAX, Paramount+, Netflix...all from our main Comcast account...Netflix is terrible but it's included in the cable package we have in our main home.

Yeah, I never bothered with the Xfinity modem or gateways. Of course I had just upgraded to a new modem (DOCSIS 3.1) as when I was having a couple issues Xfinity had said my old DOCSIS 3 modem did not have enough capacity and was incompatible with having more. I also settled on Amazon EERO 6+ router setup (1 gateway and 2 WAPs) I keep one of the WAPs in my back garage which helps keep a better signal on the remote electrical outlet and the WYZE Cam Pan V3 I have back there. Though the bad storm last night knocked that back camera DOA. IDK what is wrong with it. So disgusted with the new WYZE Cam Pan V3. I am on my second one within 2 months and now it looks like I will need a 3rd.
But overall T-Mobile, FUBO and now my Tablo systems have been solid. Except we have a Samsung TV and while I LOVE it, I hate it's Tizen OS. Nothing is fully compatible to it. Apps get "hung up" all the time (especially Tablo) and now FUBO as well. The UI on FUBO is way different on the TV than on the ROKU. I am almost considering a new TV just to not have Tizen OS

We've got all Roku TVs. They're great and easy to navigate.
I have two of these cameras: Limited-time deal: ZUMIMALL 2K Security Camera Outdoor, FHD Battery Powered Wireless Camera with Siren, Outdoor & Indoor Rechargeable Surveillance Camera for Home Security, Night Vision, Motion Detection, 2.4G WiFi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM2NBGT/?tag=tvwb-20

One at each house powered by:

Solar Panel for Wireless Camera ZUMIMALL F5/X1/X2, TieJus X1P2, IP66 Waterproof Solar Panel with 10ft Charge Cable, Suitable for All Security Camera with Micro USB Port https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5N5C2L/?tag=tvwb-20

The one at the beach house sits on the NE corner and is exposed to extremes in temperature, wind , rain. Work great.

I'm vested into WYZE cam stuff. Love my WYZE Cam 3 models. They work outstanding. But the WYZE Cam Pan V3 is just not holding up. I love the concept of being able to scan and track movement. Look at this video of me walking up to the garage

Back