giant beef clod

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have been put in possession of a gigantic beef clod - way too big for my WSM. I am in need of tips, suggestions, comments on how to cook this monster. Does it need trimming? How do I cut it to fit the WSM? Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

How long is it? Maybe just cut it in half and do a piece on each grate?

We've done several clods and rolls. It doesn't need any trimming.

I would cook it just like a brisket (believe it or not). Clods and rolls tend to cook a bit quicker than brisket though. Dennis had a 20lber that took only 13 hours a few weekends ago.

Here's a link to some pics of it....
http://tvwbb.101inc.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001617

How many pounds is the one that you have?

-Ryan

What do you think of this idea for cooking the whole thing? Please keep in kind this is untested and I just made it up right now sitting here at my desk, so it may have no merit whatsoever.

Get some butcher twine and truss the whole thing up in that attractive crosshatch pattern that you often see. Now get a handful of those bent-V shaped metal clips that you use to fasten a tablecloth to an outdoor picnic table with. Clip the long straight edge under the trussing all over the sides of the clod.

Now take the top rack out of the WSM and put the whole thing on the bottom rack. The idea is that the metal clips should hold the meat off the sides of the WSM while it cooks.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.

BTW, I'm very envious. We almost never see clod up here in Canada.

I've never heard of a beef clod or roll. What part of the cow does it come from? My ex boyfriend was a clod, but I don't think that's what you're talking about... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm curious!

Kelly

Thanks for the advice... I think I'm going to whack it in half and use both grates. It'll be in the freezer until after the ATT golf tourney - I work there every year.

I believe some posted pix of this monster before and after cooking would be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back