getting ready for spring - lawn care, pre-emergent and fertilizer

Mine took a beating last winter. I'm aerating and top dressing with black dirt to even out the divots, rolling and reseeding.
Reshaping/cut the planter beds and new mulch.
I bought 25# of Johnathon Green Black Beauty dense shade seed for my back lawn because my neighbor has two huge pine trees and a huge black walnut that shades my lawn.
I have a friend of the family who does this for a living and I'm paying him and his partner to help.
Oh yeah we got neighbor with 3 huge pines right at the rear property line and they're just completely killing my oak and my lawn

I'd like to hear about that.:)
I started a new thread on clobbering weeds/mixing herbicide from concentrate, here's the link

He was more used to the little Honda. Lower to the ground and much easier to mount. I think too the sound of the little water cooled 2 cyl gas engine is a little less "intimidating" LOL. Once he got the hang of the higher perch and the pedal plus the sound and vibe of the big diesel he got right into it. But it took a little coaxing to get him on it LOL

Uhg! I can only vicariously envision spring from fellow members' conversations in this thread...

I am still in winter! Had another foot last week (but a nice weekend) and some 6" over the past couple of days. Predictions of another 8-10" today into tomorrow. The winter storm warning expires in another couple hours.

This is my scenery this morning:

1619625936794.png

1619625962728.png

Since we had snow in May, today was the first real mow of the spring.

Nowhere near total domination. But I'm finally starting to see the results of my multi-season rehab project (reworked sprinkler system, one power rake, four plug aerations, and two over seeds). Next up is the post-emergent, since the dandelions have made good use of my spring over seed grow period.

Victory at sunset.

Attachments

• First mow 2021.JPG
    First mow 2021.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 10

Back