German Style Pork Butt Meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Warren

Having company for a smoke next week that will mainly feature a butt roast. I'm looking for recommendations that will make it more German, in honor of Oktoberfest.

I'm thinking some Spaten and/or Riesling, but lost beyond that. What are traditional German pork dinners that would fit?

Thanks for suggestions.

Matt

OHHH.......my fav...warm Germany Potato salad. Some BittBerger beers.....a chilled bottle of apple whiskey. Instead of pulled pork..........smoke some sausages. Smoked cabbage. OK.....LOTS of beer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What are traditional German pork dinners ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Weiner Schnitzel is the only one I know of ... it's not a weiner at all but a pork cutlet pounded very thin, breaded, fried served with some sort of gravy ... quite tasty

Shawn,

Not trying to be a know-it-all, but weiner schnitzel is actually made out of veal. Spent a couple of years in Germany while I was in the Army. Beautiful country, some good hearty food too......Take it easy.

My father in law use to always drink apple korn. Thats good stuff!
icon_eek.gif

Stumbled across a recent post that may be of interest to you. Also, I remember Mom making baked ribs in sauerkraut. Sure seems German. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get the recipe from her.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Also, I remember Mom making baked ribs in sauerkraut. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shawn,
My father does this too, but he adds a sliced up granny smith apple in with the sauerkraut and ribs. It's oooooohh so good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Shawn,
My father does this too, but he adds a sliced up granny smith apple in with the sauerkraut and ribs. It's oooooohh so good! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> that does sound good Larry ... any chance you could post the recipe? ... recently I have a hankering for the foods my Mom used to make ... what is that? middle age or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back