Genisis Silver B changes next yr

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason L:
sorry for the rant...just feeling a bit on the defensive.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please don't. I appreciate the info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Melman:
Amazon is showing Genesis E-310, E-320, S-310 and S-320 with the note "This item will be released on November 20, 2006. Pre-order now." They do not show up in a search for "Weber"; I found them by searching for "Genesis E" and "Genesis S" instead.

The E-series appears to have the enameled hood like the current Silver models, and the S-series has the stainless hood like the current Gold and Platinum. All have 3 burners, and the 320 models have a side burner. Whether these are the only new models is not clear.

According to Amazon, the new models have more BTU's than the current ones (42000 vs 36000) and the main cooking area is larger (507 sq-in vs 424). A completely redesigned grill, in other words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon is also showing "pre-order" status on:

3711001 Spirit E-210 - appears to be the present Silver A. 2 burners, 26000 BTU, 350 sq-in grates. No swing-up table. Pre-order price is $299 with free shipping.

3721001 Spirit E-310 - appears to be the present Silver B. 3 burners, 36000 BTU, 424 sq-in grates. No swing-up table. Pre-order price is $399 with free shipping.

So the "Genesis" will be a new grill, but stripped-down versions of the old Genesis will be sold as the Spirit. Confusing, especially in the months ahead while the old models are still in stock. To confuse further, Weber sold small gas grills a few years back as the Spirit 700 and Spirit 900.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Melman:... To confuse further, Weber sold small gas grills a few years back as the Spirit 700 and Spirit 900. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you on the "confusion" part. Sounds like the new grills will be nice but Weber is really creating a lot of confusion over their models among consumers.

I didn't know the premium series had the 3/8 " SS rods for the cooking grates, I thought they had the SS stamped grate ? Those rods would be great. What's nice about the prem series is that you do not have to upgrade to get the better grates and bars.

Paul

part of the confusion may be that there ARE certain models that weber makes that are not available in canada (OMC is the Canadian distributor for Weber), and the same "MAY" be true in reverse.

For units with burners, it is on the left side flush mount with a nice flat cover (SS?).

The grates on the Genesis E are listed as porcelainenameled cast iron (I thought only Home Depot had those previously?)

The grates on the Genesis S, appear to be 1/4" SS rods (listed as 7mm).

The black highlight color on the Genesis E models is pretty shnazee. The also have green & blue for the E-310/320 but only in LP.

With the apparent focus on increasing cooking area in the new genesis grills, has anyone heard if they will follow suit with the kettles (i.e., make the 26 incher again)? I would sure like to see this happen.

Also, any heard anything more on new $100 less performer?

I'd like to be egotistical enough to think I had something to do with the changes Weber made in their gassers for the coming year, but I doubt if I had the least to do with it. I sent a "from the heart" e telling that I was a 20 year, loyal customer, but I felt they were getting behind the competition especially in the area of cooking grates - walla .. PCI, 7mm SS rods and 3/8" SS rods.

I told them I thought their customers bought from them and paid a little more because they felt they were getting a higher quality product. Very glad to see the changes.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike McGrath:
With the apparent focus on increasing cooking area in the new genesis grills, has anyone heard if they will follow suit with the kettles (i.e., make the 26 incher again)? I would sure like to see this happen.

Also, any heard anything more on new $100 less performer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would sure love to have a 26" or 30" grill. I don't need a RK, but need more than 22" sometimes.

I have an e response from Weber that confirmed when the new line is released, and it may not be 11/30, the E-320, etc will come standard with PCI grates and the grates will no longer be exclusive to HD.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike McGrath:
With the apparent focus on increasing cooking area in the new genesis grills, has anyone heard if they will follow suit with the kettles ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I asked that question was was told the charcoal grills will not be modified or redesigned this year.

Paul

as far as i am aware, there are no changes to the charcoal line this year - at least not as far as size goes...

there's still the 18 1/2, the 22 1/2 and of course if you want bigger ... the ranch kettle
performer is also still 22 1/2.

Back