Genesis Silver C burns too hot!

Ron-Grasshopper

Last year replaced the burners, regulator and Ignitor on my Silver C and is now burning 500 degrees on all burners ! Unable to control the temp as all burners burn 500 degrees no matter if I turn 1 or 2 burners off!
Checked for obstructions in the burners/manifold and found none! Manifold appears normal and never reset!
Any suggestions?

Hi Ron, the Silver/Gold B/C 3 burner grills burn the hottest out of all the Weber’s. Large burner tubes and small firebox.

Post a picture of the grill please with thermometer. The thermometers are not always accurate.

Also, was the fuel type converted at some point?

So are you saying with just one burner on low you still can't get below 500?
First thing to check is the thermometer. The lid thermometers are an indication, not true measurement and they are highly inaccurate. True measurement should be at grate level with a quality remote thermometer for accurate temps.
The next thing I would suspect is that the regulator is not correct for your grill. You can ones that may say they are low pressure regulators but are still too high for a normal grill.

Another thing is I hope you saved the original regulator. The burners really for the most part do not affect how hot the grill can run as they can only produce as much heat as fuel they are given to burn. Also the size of the burners means nothing as well. If the unit is truly too hot I would blame the regulator

Back