Genesis Silver A/B Burner Tube Removal?

John-NY

TVWBB Pro
What's the quickest, dead simple way to slide the burner tubes out without having to remove anything else unnecessarily?
I know to remove the bolts that 'hold the tubes in place' within the cookbox itself.

I read somewhere to just "unbolt the manifold bracket and swing it down".
Would I have to first remove the top "word panel", etc., anything else?

Thank you!

Yes, you need to remove the knobs and control panel. That allows you to remove the manifold which is bolted to the grill. Hopefully removing those bolts or wing nuts will go well and you can pull out and remove the manifold.

DO NOT mess with the bolts/screws that are at the other end of the burners. Think of them as only "guides" even if rusted. You will need to tug on the burner tubes pulling towards where you took out the manifold. If they won't budge, use a flat screwdriver to gently pry along where the burners go into those "guide" screws. You just are trying to get them a little loose so you can pull the burners out. You will install your replacements in the reverse order of above. They should slide into those "guide" screws, possibly with a little gentle coaxing!

What Jon said. Removing the knobs just takes a little encouragement. The control panel has two screws on the RH side under the gray plastic end piece. You do not have to remove the gray end plastic end piece to remove the control panel.

The manifold is held in place either with a metal looped bracket or with a set of springs. The newer style uses the springs. The older style has a metal bracket. Sometimes the brackets fall off when grills are moved around.

When you go to remove the manifold bolts, I just plan on them snapping and expect to replace them with 1/4 inch stainless bolts. I think 1.5 or 1.75 inches long.

Here's a pic of the new (left) and older(right) manifold. both are from silver Bs

20210605_145748-jpg.29622

Last edited:

Back