Genesis II s-320 excessive temperatures

RichardB, how are your temps after fine tuning your regulator? I am having almost the exact same issue as you. I have recently converted an older Weber Genesis from LP to NG (using an OEM NG Weber manifold for my application), and I am getting high temps (over 700 on high and around 500 with all three burners on low). Only things I have changed were the manifold, grates, flavorizer bars, and burners. I just ordered a NG regulator to see if that helps (there is a regulator on the line coming into the meter, so I should be getting 7" WC to all my appliances after the meter). According to the owner's manual for the NG version of my grill, the grill is designed to run on 7" WC.

RichardB, how are your temps after fine tuning your regulator? I am having almost the exact same issue as you. I have recently converted an older Weber Genesis from LP to NG (using an OEM NG Weber manifold for my application), and I am getting high temps (over 700 on high and around 500 with all three burners on low). Only things I have changed were the manifold, grates, flavorizer bars, and burners. I just ordered a NG regulator to see if that helps (there is a regulator on the line coming into the meter, so I should be getting 7" WC to all my appliances after the meter). According to the owner's manual for the NG version of my grill, the grill is designed to run on 7" WC.
Do you have 7"? Did you put a manometer on it and check? Until you do you're playing a dangerous game

Do you have 7"? Did you put a manometer on it and check? Until you do you're playing a dangerous game
Gas company just installed a brand new meter and regulator two months ago and regulated everything. (Watched gas company contractor as he hooked up his manometer and regulated it). I have not personally confirmed it is regulated to 7" WC with my own manometer. Just out of curiosity, what would be so dangerous about installing a second regulator on my NG line to my grill that is preset at 5" WC? Also, have you heard of Weber Genesis grills using a Weber NG manifold having been setup to run at 4.5" WC?

Nothing. You never once indicated until now about an actual service tech doing this (unless I missed it earlier and if I did mea' culpa'). I always check if I do these for people. Again. I ask them............"do you want to use a regulator?". I do them accordingly. But also a regulator will not correct bad parts or a botched job either.

Back